Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/6/11 - Winter in LA

I've been in Los Angeles for just under 8 years now but the weather here will never cease to amaze me.  We've had quite a bit of rain lately followed by several BEAUTIFUL days. Two days ago, I saw these pink flowers pop up all over the complex where we live.  Usually I notice these guys in March...but here it is, early January, and they decide to make what I must assume is an early appearance.  I've always adored these little flowers; they smell lovely, sort of like a cherry blossom.  The bees are obsessed with them in Spring which gives me some great opportunities to get honey bee macro shots. Sadly, I have no idea what the plant is...they grow on a bush that has these little pink flowers and small purplish berries.  If anyone knows..I'd love it if you'd share.

Taken with the Cannon 100mm 2.8L IS.

1 comment:

  1. I am actually still trying to find out what this plant is, but do you have any idea how many pink flowering bushes there are??

    ReplyDelete