Friday, January 28, 2011

1/28/11 - Sous Chef

I love that Nathan is at the age when he can start helping with food preparation.  I'm really going to have to try and have him help more often.  My hope is that if he helps make dinner, he might be more willing to eat it. 

For tonight's meal, he helped grate the cheese, crack and open the eggs, stir the eggs, put the pre-measured spices in the mix, and sprinkle cheese on the casserole.

This was his first time grating cheese....and boy did he love it.  He especially enjoyed sampling the cheese while he worked.


The delicious final product.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't possibly survive if I thought about how much I miss being with Nathan as much as I do miss him -- but this one really made me miss being there. I love the look on his face and the joy he must have felt helping. I can barely see the computer for the tears. Did he eat the finished product as you hoped? It looks really good. I had a McDonald's McChicken for dinner. The library was closed.

    ReplyDelete