Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/17/11 - Grocery Shopping

Tuesday is grocery day for us.  When Nathan was a baby, it was truly unplesant to go grocery shopping (or out anywhere) with him.  I don't know if I've mentioned it before...but when Nathan was a baby he cried. A lot. I see women in the grocery store, at the mall, out anywhere with babies and I am amazed.  How do they do it?  I tried, but just couldn't. When Nathan was a baby I went to the grocery store alone!

But now?  I actually have time to go to the grocery store by myself on Tuesday before I pick Nathan up from school...but I don't.  I wait until I pick him up from school and we go together.  I don't know when it happened, but Nathan became really fun at the grocery store.  He sits in the cart, offers up..."I love you Mommy" and "I wanna hug and kiss" every few minutes.  He sings songs and tells stories about his day.  He helps by picking out fruit and putting items on the conveyor belt. Now, I wonder how people get through the drudgery of the grocery store without a 3 yr old boy making it a fun, entertaining excursion sprinkled with love and appreciation 'round every corner. 


Nathan picks pears.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny - when I go grocery shopping with him, he thinks it's hilarious to repeatedly slam his head into my solar plexus as I push the cart around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he behaves so well! Randy was the same way as a baby. It was rough! His hair looks really red in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the day we went shopping and he got to use the child-size cart. It was a fun time. Now grocery shopping is such drudgery without him.

    ReplyDelete