Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/12/11 - Ouch

I kept forgetting my camera today.  Had several ideas for photos but was just too busy today to remember the camera.  Luckily for me, Nathan gave me a splendid photo opportunity this evening.  As he was in the bathroom washing his sticky, lollipop hands, we hear a loud "thud" followed by very honest screaming.  I walk in the bathroom to see my child's mouth and hands covered in blood.  And I did what any decent mother would do when they see their child covered in blood...I flipped out. Momentarily.  Then I remembered that I'm supposed to be calm, so I very quickly composed myself and told Nathan that he was fine and everything was alright.  Fortunately...it was. No broken teeth.  No stitches needed. Just lots and lots of very scary looking blood.  Poor boy.

Here he is, after a dose of children's Tylenol and a tasty, strawberry Popsicle. My poor boy has a boo boo.

50mm, 1/60, f/1.4, ISO 2500.  No flash....in a very dark room.  That lovely light on his face is the glow from Mario Cart. :)


Good news.  It turns out that playing Mario Cart with Daddy is the best and most magical medicine of all. 



3 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I hate blood and I freak out too, but it looks like Mario Cart solved it all. It would for me too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel bad that he got a split lip -- Yay for a composed (finally) Mom and Mario Cart!

    ReplyDelete