Thursday, January 20, 2011

1/20/11 - I Teach Music

Brought my camera to school today to attempt to capture my workplace.  It's funny...as I was sitting there taking a picture from the children's perspective, I thought to myself, It really looks like I have a fun job.  Then I realized...I totally do have a really fun job. I get to play with musical instruments and kids all day long.

I'm so lucky that while I do have 2 jobs, both are really fun, challenging, and creative. Both feed my soul and foster my own creative growth while also sharing my gifts and serving others.  Of course, at times I complain about my job like anyone else...but when it comes down to it, I truly love what I do.  I hope that I never have to choose between being a photographer and being a music teacher.  I'm not sure I could make that choice.  So here's hoping that I can continue to find a way to do both without having to compromise at either.

My room



Music Room collage.  Just some of the things that were out today.  The 3rd graders were studying the Percussion Family this week.  So fun! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great job! I do think playing music with kids would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you get to do what you love!

    ReplyDelete