Monday, January 24, 2011

1/23/11 - Disney!

First late post. Oh well...I knew I couldn't stay on time forever.

Today was yet another day at Disneyland.  I love Disneyland, and so does Nathan.  Daddy came with us which was awesome. We go about once a month, usually mid week to avoid crowds so Daddy doesn't usually get to come with us, but we decided to go on a Sunday 'cause I had to be in Anaheim for a mid-day rehearsal anyway. 

For the past year or so, every time we went to Disneyland, we took Nathan over to California Adventure to see if he was tall enough for "Soarin' Over California".  We even went so far once as to take off his socks and fold them up in the soles of his shoes to try and make him tall enough. (bad mama).  No luck. Always just a touch too short.  Last time we went (about a month ago) he was tall enough in the morning, but by the time we returned for our fast pass time-slot he was too short. GRRR. 

This time, he was tall enough...with room to spare!  Now....I don't have a picture of this.  WHY?  Well, I brought my xti instead of my trusty 5d Mark II, and I apparently forget how to use my xti when it's been on the shelf collecting dust for 5 or 6 months. I was too slow. Missed it.  So below is a photo just commemorating the day.

TALL ENOUGH! So exciting!  Not only does that mean that I (I mean Nathan?) get to ride Soarin' every time we go now...he's also tall enough for Space Mountain!  AND he just so happens to really love that ride! (YES!!!)  Disney just got turned up to 11.  WOOT! 

This photo was taken with my iPhone while waiting in line for "Toy Story Mania", a ride that until yesterday I had never been on.  Very unusual. This one was a first for all of us.  Very fun attraction. Rich won. Not a bad shot for an iPhone if I do say so myself.

1 comment: