Saturday, January 15, 2011

1/15/11 - Hiking

Today was an amazingly, beautiful, best weather EVER, day.  Hard to believe that it's January...but I guess that's one of the perks of living in Southern California.  You can't spend a day like today inside, so we went out for a little hike.  Rich and I used to hike a lot before Nathan came along, and it's so nice that he's old enough now to be able to hike with us, almost without help.  We had the best time.

I'm discovering that I'm lousy at sharing just one photo, so I hope you can bear with me.

I'm calling this one the official photo of the day.  I feel like it captures the hiking experience the best.  Nathan truly in his element....all boy...and having a blast.



But...I can't keep myself from sharing these.

Daddy showing Nathan how to use an acorn cap as a whistle.

Busy, dirty hands with the most precious thing a boy can find.  A big, twisty stick.

Beautiful!

My wonderful husband asked to hold the camera for a minute to capture me on the hike too. I love this photo that he snapped!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love every single photo on this post! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to revisit these again and again!

    ReplyDelete