Monday, January 17, 2011

1/17/11 - New Faucets!

I know it's very homemaker-ey mom of me, but I can't help it.  I'm very excited about our new faucets.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a "before" picture of the other faucets, but I'll attempt do describe them. The old faucets were original to this condo which was built in 1975. That alone could be enough, I mean...the decor of the mid 70's hasn't exactly maintained its groovy fashion-ability in the past 30+ years.  This might immediately be enough for many people...but I can overlook that; I've always been more function over fashion.

However, the darn things were crumbling before our eyes.  It looked like the cold-water handle on my sink was being devoured by some chrome eating worms.  It was DISGUSTING.  Plus, it leaked. The HANDLE leaked! So every time I washed my hands, the counter flooded.  Definitely not fun. You couldn't clean them, because if you tried, bits of metal would come off.  So I waited, and waited, and waited.  Finally, just after Thanksgiving, a very big chunk of metal came off the handle of my sink...and I declared that it was enough. It's time to ask the landlord to replace the faucets.

Now, 3 short years after we moved in, we got them.  Aren't they beautiful?

Yes, photographer friends...I know the drip isn't perfect.  One of these days I'll get out the macro and the tripod and capture a proper drip...but for now, this is what I got.

1 comment:

  1. They are very cool -- but I hate to mention it seems to be dripping! LOL

    ReplyDelete