Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/25/11 - A New Hobby?

I'd been wanting to make some homemade candles for a few months now.  I purchased the soy wax and fragrances in January I think!  It just kept being pushed to the back burner...there was always something more important that I needed to do.  Finally, today I decided it was time.  I had all the supplies, Nathan was happily occupied, and I needed a task to help me put off writing this week's lesson plans. (HA HA HA HA!) How ironic that procrastination is often my best motivator.

It was really fun!  I had intended to make just one candle today, but I really really really didn't want to write my lesson plans, so I made six.  It feels good to finally fill up the glass jars I've been saving for months and months. In the end, the lesson plans did get done....but it was so much nicer writing them with the lovely scent of my new candles wafting in the air.  I think it's settled, I'm making my own candles from now on! 


The first of my many candles, freshly poured and cooling.

1 comment:

  1. You need another hobby -- lol! How nice to use and appreciate something you have made yourself. Enjoy that feeling of accomplishment and the lovely scents!

    ReplyDelete