Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3/22/11 - Nathan's Pick

I was really feeling lazy today and seriously wanted to blow off today's picture...but I didn't.  Instead I turned to my child to help me through my creative block.  "Nathan, I have to take a picture.  What should I take a picture of?"  "Take a picture of my car I made!"  Nathan painted this little ceramic car about 6 months ago....maybe even more.  It's been stuck to our fridge ever since.  He notices and comments on it often and will sometimes ask to play with it.

Great idea Nathan.

It was at this point that Nathan assumed complete creative control over the project.

I asked Nathan to come on the back patio with me and sit crisscross and hold the car in his lap.  He informed me that, yes the patio was a good idea, but that he would be sitting normally in the chair and not crisscross. Fine.

I instructed him to hold the car in his lap....I was just going to take a close up shot of the car. Nathan decided that it would be a much more powerful shot if he ate the car.



Really Nathan?  What is it with you and eating toys lately?

He proceeded to play with the car, making it soar through the air, crash, and vroom all about. Pretty much everything but hold it quietly in his lap.

He did for a moment set it quietly in my lap and instruct me to take a picture of it there.



I hate to admit it...but in the end the kid was right.  The photo below (the official photo of the day) is far superior to what I wanted him to do.  But I'm not gonna tell him, I don't want it going to his head. I suppose that I will continue to listen to the wisdom and guidance of Nathan when I'm out of ideas.

1 comment:

  1. It would be impossible for me to tell you how much I loved this post and these pictures. That you listen to him thrills my heart. I love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete