Sunday, May 8, 2011

5/8/11 - Mother's Day

I'm afraid the picture situation is going to get a bit out of hand today.  I've taken well over 300 photos today and I've just got to share a nice representation from the day.  Look away now if large numbers of someone else's family photos make you queasy.

As soon as I woke up and got out of bed, Nathan promptly told me that I had to stay in bed.  I instructed him to tell Daddy if I needed my camera he'd better bring it to me.  Nathan brought me my camera and then said he wanted to cuddle.  So cuddle we did.  And I got a nice photo of it.



I wasn't thrilled that Nathan's face was a little covered by his arm, so I asked him to pose for another one.  So he did.  I got his entire face in this one.

What a GOOF!

Rich and I decided that we'd rather honor our budget than buy presents this year...so I got one of the best time tested and mother approved gifts.  Breakfast in bed!

Rich rooted through my computer for some of my photo textures and created not only a breakfast menu, but also a menu of daily activities. 

I chose a combo of "Peaceful & Solitary" and "Family Fun". 

I finally got to open the gift Nathan made me at school. 

It's an adorable refrigerator magnet and clip.

For my "Family Fun" portion of the day I requested that Rich take me and Nathan to the "run around park" for a mommy and son photo shoot.  I have several adorable pictures of me and Nathan all messy and sweaty after hiking, but wanted one where I actually was prepared to have my photo taken. 

It was so much fun.  Nathan didn't give the genuine smiles away easily...but we managed to grab a few of them.



Then, Rich and Nathan played ball as I messed around with the camera some more.  I'm so glad I didn't put it away because for the first time ever I found myself in the perfect situation to capture a silhouette.  I've been wanting to do this for so long. 

My official photo of the day for Mother's Day is my new favorite photo of the two very special people who are responsible for making me a mother.


It was truly a wonderful day and I feel like the luckiest Mom and wife in the world.  I'd say it was a successful celebration of motherhood. 

4 comments:

  1. This shot is awesome Amber!! I love it! <3
    Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including us in your celebration of Motherhood. It looks like you had the perfect day. Your boys clearly delighted in making you feel as special as you are. How wonderful to see Nathan's joy in giving. The Mommy and Son photo shoot yielded some lovely shots -- and the Photo of the Day is breath-taking. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such an awesome Mother's day! Great photos all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome photos and memories for you! Thank you for sharing them with us! LOVE the one of you and Nathan in the field looking at us. Gorgeous! I love the idea of the menus too. Must steal this for Father's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete