Saturday, November 5, 2011

10/26/11 - Little Project

Since our phones have replaced any need for an alarm clock, Rich suggested taking the alarm clock out of our room.  We replaced it with a little analog clock that was on our mantel downstairs.  I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to see the clock at night so I turned this little candle holder that my sister got me several years ago into a night light with the help of a small strand of Christmas lights.  It's such a lovely and warm addition to our bedroom and a huge improvement over the cold green glow of the alarm clock.

1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty! Interesting that you used Christmas lights as the quiet illumination. Recently Paul came to visit, prepared to help me with a few projects around the house. One of them was lighting the Greenhouse address sign that had hung at the Greenhouse for so many years. I removed it when the house sold and brought it here. I was stumped as to the best way to light it, and as Paul and I wandered around the lighting area at Home Depot, he suggested a string of Christmas lights. We placed them inside the box and it works just great! It now sits in my bathroom as a great memory nightlight.

    ReplyDelete