Tuesday, May 5, 2015

5/5/15 - Day 125 - Trading for Cards

The great Marie Kondo clean out of 2015 is consuming our life right now.  We just finished the kids toys. I was really worried about how to tackle the toys thinking that there was no way the kids were going to want to get rid of anything...so, I devised a system where Nathan would shop for his toys. My thinking was that if he would buy it again then it still sparked joy for him. We thought we would give him enough money to buy back all of his toys, and for each toy he got rid of he'd get a certain amount of money (depending on how large the toy was).  In the end I paid by the pound because it was just way too difficult to count all those toys and do all that complicated math. 

This plan worked great! Nathan gleefully tossed aside no longer played with toys in exchange for some well desired, cold, hard cash! Nathan took his money and traded up over 70 pounds of toys for this little tin of Pokemon cards. That is what I call a win win.

I don't have a photo of the discarded toys.  You'll just have to imagine what over 70 pounds of toys looks like. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good deal! I know when I came to visit, the first thing Nathan wanted to do was to show me his cards and explain every one!

    ReplyDelete