Saturday, May 2, 2015

5/2/15 - Day 122 - ESCAPE!

Today was great fun.  Our friend Tara always comes up with the most enjoyable activities to celebrate her Birthday each year. This year she took a bunch of her friends to Escape Room LA.

 Escape Room is a real life escape game where you get locked into a room and have to race the clock while trying to figure out how to get out of the room  by solving puzzles and looking for clues. It's so fun. I was excited and not at all worried that I would be able to escape the room as long as I was on Rich's team. I was sure that Tara would keep us together that I didn't think I'd have to do much at all. I mean, this is pretty much the stuff Rich has done for fun as long as I've known him. An appreciation for ciphers and logic puzzles is one of the foundations of our relationship.

Well, Tara decided to make the teams boy girl. YIKES! There goes the idea that I wasn't going to have to do much. Fortunately, Rich has trained me well and I was in a room with some pretty darn smart ladies. It was just so fun and exciting. In the end, the girls team made it out...with just about 30 seconds to spare. It was so exciting...racing to open that door as the buzzer counted down the last seconds!  We were sure we'd won the boys vs girls competition, until we saw the boys!

Wouldn't you know it, the boys not only managed to escape their room, but they also broke the time record for their room. I don't know if the boys even knew they had a ringer in the group. As I write this post in January of 2016 - a full 8 months after we were locked in - the boy's record of 44 minutes still stands. Rich is pretty proud of that...and so am I!




1 comment: